Welcome to PATA
Our reputation as an excellent source of support and information for children's groups is built on more than 22 years' experience and expertise.
Supporting and developing high quality childcare, education and play for children, families and professionals.
PATA benefits are available to all members in the voluntary, private and maintained sectors, including baby & toddler groups, pre-schools and playgroups, day nurseries, crèches, children´s centres, out of school clubs and holiday playschemes.
PATA Groups in Need Fund (GINF)
- GINF is a PATA member benefit funded from membership subscriptions.
- Closing date for applications for the next panel meeting 27 February now extended to 6 March.
- Applications must show that a group/setting is in financial need and that a grant would improve the quality of the setting’s facilities or extend and develop their activities. See here and for more details see the members' area.
Spring Term - new resolution
- Take a look at your training plan for the people in your setting and book onto some PATA training at our new premises in Gloucester. PATA members - take advantage of the money off voucher you've been sent in the post.
- Spring 2015 training programme here and booking form here
- Free places - you may be eligible for a free place on some courses if you are in receipt of certain benefits or if you are qualified to less than level 2 - details here
- Our new premises address is: PATA, Chequers Bridge Centre, Painswick Road, Gloucester, GL4 6PR. The phone number is the same, 01452 541244, as well as the email addresses. We look forward to welcoming you!
Level 3 Qualification for the Early Years Educator
PATA is delivering the new Early Years Educator (EYE) qualifications offered by City & Guilds, Cache and Pearson/Edexcel; the only L3 qualifications for early years that will be classed as full and relevant for learners enrolling from September 2014. PATA is able to deliver our new course (through City & Guilds) with confidence, and we are best placed to meet any concerns and questions learners and employers may have. Recruiting now, for further information and full course details click here.
National Qualifications (QCF) & Apprenticeships available with PATA:
- L2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce (CYPW), recruiting now, details here
- L2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools (STL), recruiting now, details here
- L3 Diploma in STL, recruiting now, details here
- L2 & L3 Diplomas in Playwork recruiting now for 2015, details here
- L5 Diploma in Leadership for CYPW - Management, recruiting now, details here
- L5 Diploma in Leadership for CYPW - Advanced Practice, recruiting now, details here
Why choose PATA for these exciting opportunities? See here.
FUNDING is complex and will depend on age, prior qualifications and employment status. Opportunities are available for the unemployed working as volunteers in some situations.
24+ ADVANCED LEARNING LOANS are now available with all L3 qualifications delivered by PATA for applicants aged 24+ at the start of their learning programme. Loans are not available for the L5 Diploma in Leadership for the CYP. For information and how to apply see here
APPRENTICESHIPS available in early years and for teaching assistants in schools. 16-18 year olds are fully funded. See here
Special Educational Needs Courses
Special Educational Needs Courses - a series of linked sessions that will take place throughout the year which can be accessed separately or as a series. Suitable for Early Years SENCOs and all those interested in supporting young children with special needs. For more details click here and booking form here
Artemis, Children's Workforce Induction Programme
This programme has been developed by, and for, members of the children's workforce. It is a high quality e-learning package based on the seven induction standards developed by the Children's Workforce Development Council (CWDC). More details here. PATA is the endorsed provider for Gloucestershire.